Monday, March 5, 2012

The Writing's Done, Let the Voting Begin!!!

Here we are on March 5th, 2012 and we have reached the end of the 1st Annual (did I say Annual? Well, who knows?) Breaking Up to A Beat contest. All total the site presented 14 different stories (excluding my own) by 11 different writers (again, excluding me). All of us hope that at least some of our tales tickled your funny bone, plucked at your heart strings, or sent chills up your spine. We also hope that not too many of them made you think, “I totally have experienced that.”
Now’s the point where we ask you to tell us what you enjoyed. Specifically, what story you liked the most. Go to this survey, select your favorite, and encourage other like minded folk to do the same. The writer who gains the most votes wins a fabulous prize that will greatly expand their buying power at Amazon.com with a snap of my fingers. (It’s a gift card, if that was not clear). As implied above, my stories are not part of the contest. If you liked what I did, thanks, drop me a note in the comments or via e-mail or Twitter. But please, take the time to vote for one of the stories of these authors that were nice enough to let me play the part of their opening act.
The poll will close on Saturday March 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM (2359 for you military types) so make sure you vote quick. The winner will be announced a week from today, on the 12th, and perhaps will be nice enough to write a little thank you letter to the voters.
Thanks to all of you for reading and thanks in advance for voting,


Timothy G. Stevens
I’m the MC, They’re the Writers

P.S. Bone up on the stories by clicking the links below. Remember: an educated voter is a good voter!

Sleep All Summer by Emily Brown
Against All Odds by Tim Sheridan
Gravity by Laura Wirpsza
Don’t Go by Heather Weinberg
Invisible by Megan Inbody
At the Bottom by Karla Kale
The Commuter by Tochi Onyebuchi
Ashes and Wine by Laura Wirpsza
Customer by Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment